Friday, March 21, 2014

Hunx and His Punx + Shannon and the Clams @ The Echoplex

Last night, I went to see two of my favorite bands live and in concert at The Echoplex in Los Angeles: Hunx and His Punx and Shannon and the Clams.  I play these bands nearly every time I DJ at Mulberry St.  Both groups have a toe-tapping "doo wop" 1950s sound, mixed with punk rock.  They are both so fun.  I was right next to the stage for Hunx and His Punx, and got some sweet pics…









After the set, I got a picture with Hunx, plus my friend Phil Higson got me a personalized copy of their new record "Street Punk" with a special message just for me.



Unfortunately, I was not able to get close to the stage for Shannon and the Clams, so I only got this one picture.  Their set was fantastic, however.


The other two bands who played were Cherry Glazer and Nobunny.  Here's a picture of Cherry Glazer:


And here is Nobunny…


It was a magical night I will never forget.  Thanks for driving, Phil Higson, and for my new favorite record!