Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fullerton Newspaper Archives

Today I visited the Launer Local History Room of the Fullerton Pubic library to check out the newspaper archives.  The Launer Room has, on microfilm, Fullerton newspapers going all the way back to 1893.  Reading these old papers gives fascinating insight into the past.  I'm doing research for a work-in-progress called The Town I Live In: A History of Fullerton.



Shari, the local history room librarian, is very helpful and friendly.




My friend Josue came withe me.


The first newspaper in Fullerton was the Fullerton Tribune, published and edited by Edgar Johnson, who often clashed with local leaders like Charles Chapman over policies.  At one point, Chapman started his own rival paper, the Fullerton News.

Tune in tomorrow to see what I found in the archives today.  Here's a hint.  It has to do with "Chinamen."