Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sea Ghouls, The Bloodhounds, and Healing Gems @ The Continental Room

By far, the best venue in downtown Fullerton for interesting, independent music is The Continental Room.  I've been going to this place for at least ten years, and I've been consistently impressed by the bands they bring in.  Generally, they eschew what is popular in favor of what is interesting.  For the past several years, I've been occasionally taking my camera to shows, and shooting some pictures.  Here are some pics I took last week, at a show featuring the bands Sea Ghouls, The Bloodhounds, and Healing Gems.  If you haven't heard of these bands, that's kind of the point of The Continental--they give some local exposure to under-appreciated bands.  Here they are...Click on the name of each band to go to their Facebook page, where you can see and listen to what they're up to.

Sea Ghouls







The Bloodhounds






Healing Gems



My friend Felipe Flores, a great local artist who is the brains behind Trabajo Press, DJed the event and also designed the flyer...



You can follow The Continental Room on Facebook to see what kinds of shows they have coming up.