Saturday, November 14, 2015

Anti-Club Playlist 11/13/15

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry St. Ristorante (aka The Anti-Club).  Last night, I focused on 1960s garage/psychedelic rock from Japan, France, England, and America, with the usual eclectic jams thrown in.  Here's my playlist, along with album artwork.  Click on the song title to give it a listen...

“Leaving it All Behind” by The Toads


“Love is My Life” by The Golden Cups


“Tunnel to Heaven” by The Dynamites


“I’m Just a Mops” by The Mops


“Roller Girl” by Anna Karina


“One More Weekend” by Bob Dylan


“Mean Old Boogie” by Carmen Maki


“Gloria” by Them


“Lies” by The Knickerbockers


“Jolly Green Giant” by The Kingsmen


“The Shape I’m In” by The Band


“Tell Her No” by The Zombies


“Liar Liar” by The Castaways


“Day Tripper” by Yellow Magic Orchestra


“That’s How I Got to Memphis” by Natural Child


“Happy Like a Honeybee” by Flipper’s Guitar


“When You’re Alone” by Shatzi and Hazeltine


“Veni Vidi Vici” by Black Lips


“Cry Like a Baby” by The Box Tops


“Mr. Lee” by The Bobbettes


“Instant Karma” by Lennon Plastic Ono Band


“We Are Ninja (Not Geisha)” by Frank Chickens


“I Got Skills” by Mozes and the Firstborn


“Fools and Sages” by Jonny Corndawg


“Off the Hook” by Dead Ghosts


“The Nitty Gritty” by Gladys Knight and the Pips


“More Today Than Yesterday” by Spiral Staircase


“Contact” by Brigitte Bardot


“Sweet Blindness” by Laura Nyro


“Hip Hop Hurrah” by Claude Francois


“Fever” by Little Willie John


“Having a Party” by Sam Cooke


“Teenie Weenie Boppie” by France Gall


“I’m Tore Down” by Freddy King


“Mr. Tough” by Yo La Tengo


“Flower Punk” by The Mothers of Invention


“Put Your Number in My Phone” by Ariel Pink


“Whiter Shade of Pale” by The Box Tops


“I Know There’s an Answer” by The Beach Boys


“I Saw You” by Uzi Rash


“Shake Appeal” by Iggy and the Stooges


“Venus de Milo” by Television


“Velvet Goldmine” by David Bowie


“Sheena Is a Punk Rocker” by Shonen Knife


“Kung Fu Girls” by Blondie


“Linda Linda” by The Blue Hearts


“Voo Doo Doll” by April March


“Light Cider B” by Inu


“All You Ever Think About is Sex” by Sparks


“No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross” by Sufjan Stevens


See you next Friday night at The Anti-Club!