Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fullerton Airport Day!

Today, I went to Fullerton Airport Day with my dad to see some cool airplanes and check out the local aviation culture.


My favorite airplane on display was called Big Panda Monium!



I'd never seen a Panda bear with a machine gun.  I tend to think of Pandas as peaceful bears.



There were helicopters and airplanes taking off and landing all the time.



Check out the chrome on this baby!


Don't stand so close to the propeller, dad!



As we looked at some of the military planes, I asked my dad about Vietnam.  He didn't get drafted, but some of his friends did.  "Every war is awful," he said, "But that war was a special kind of awful." 





Can you believe jet fuel prices these days?!


Inside the airport, there was a small display about The Sunkist Lady, an airplane from Fullerton that set an aviation record in the 1940s.  This was a very big deal at the time.


The Fullerton Municipal Airport Rules!