Saturday, August 31, 2013

DJ Set list 8/30/13

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry St. Ristorante in Downtown Fullerton.  I call it The Anti-Club, because I intentionally don't play popular "club" music.  Instead, I play music that I like and think is good.  Last night, as I was DJing, I wrote down my set list, because I am a nerd.  Here it is:

"Spaceball Ricochet" by T.Rex
"I Don't Care" by Summer Twins
"Sally Cinnamon" by The Stone Roses
"That's All I Need" by Magic Sam
"We Got a Groovy Thing Goin" by Simon & Garfunkel
"Wowee Zowee" by Frank Zappa
"Catch" by The Cure
"Swamp of Love" by King Tuff
"We Don't Call" by Thao & The Get Down Stay Down
"I'll Be Your Mirror" by The Velvet Underground & Nico
"Tracy Jacks" by Blur
"Chimes of Freedom" by The Byrds
"The National Front Disco" by Morrissey
"The Game" by Echo & The Bunnymen
"Police & Thieves" by The Clash
"Insane Lullaby" by James Mercer & Danger Mouse
"Lazerbeam" by Cosmonauts
"Shanty Town" by Desmond Dekker
"Radio Sweetheart" by Elvis Costello
"Let the Good Times Roll" by Derrick Morgan
"Lover's Lane" by Hunx and His Punx
"Wilderness" by Joy Division
"Kabuki Girl" by Descendents
"England Belongs to Me" by Cock Sparrer
"Chili" by Audacity
"The Warlock in the Woods" by Shannon & The Clams
"I am a Girlfriend" by Nobunny
"Magic" by The Cars
"Nightcall" by Kavinsky & Lovefoxxx
"A Real Hero" by College
"Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground
"Where is my Mind?" by The Pixies
"Graduate" by Third Eye Blind
"Flying Saucer Attack" by The Rezillos
"Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure
"I Didn't See it Coming" by Belle & Sebastian
"Fatty Boom Boom" by Die Antwoord
"Intergalactic" by Beastie Boys
"Beaver Boys" by Tim & Eric
"Linus & Lucy" by Vince Guaraldi
"Johnny One Time" by Brenda Lee
"Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson
"This is How We Do It" by Montel Jordan
"Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum
"American Music" by Violent Femmes
"Hesitating Beauty" by Billy Bragg & Wilco
"Postcards from Italy" by Beirut
"Positively Fourth Street" by Bob Dylan
"What a Little Moonlight Can Do" by Billie Holiday
"Only in Dreams" by Weezer