Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Bloody Marys at Hibbleton!

Last Friday I had the unique privilege to visit and film in the studios of four of the artists exhibiting at Hibbleton Gallery next Friday (10/5) during the Downtown Fullerton Art Walk. These female artists are part of the longest-running artist collective in Fullerton...The Bloody Marys.

Visiting their studios was an inspiration. The oldest member, Millie, is 89 years old and still an active artist doing woodwork and large-scale drawings and paintings.  I took along my friend Chantal DeFelice, of Thump Gallery, to help me interview these ladies. The Bloody Marys are a local treasure.  I sincerely hope you can make it to their art opening next Friday and meet them in person.

I've spent the past week editing the footage into a mini-documentary, in collaboration with a new Orange County arts web site called OC Artists Republic.  Enjoy!