Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The "Easter Feaster" Casserole

I love casseroles. Love, love, love them. It's part nostalgia, and part laziness. Casseroles are super easy to make. Just throw everything you like in a baking dish, mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup, top with shredded cheese, and bake away. As a bachelor, casseroles are especially convenient. You can just throw in a bunch of random stuff you have, and 9 times out of 10, it will be delicious.

Tonight, I made a casserole that I dubbed "The Easter Feaster." It included leftover Easter ham, Kraft macaroni and cheese, green beans, canned mushrooms, parmesan cheese, cream of mushroom soup (duh!), and shredded cheese (double duh!). I seasoned it with pepper and garlic salt (casserole staples).

Here' s what it looked like:



I like to pair my casseroles with movies. This particular casserole paired very nicely with "Predator."