Friday, October 15, 2010

Carls Jr. Chicken Tenders

A couple weeks ago, I saw this sign at the Carls Jr. at Cal State Fullerton, and it caught my eye because I am obsessed with chicken strips:

Photobucket

The other day, my friend Brian and I decided to give these Carls Jr. chicken strips a try. I was a little skeptical about their quality, because Carls is a major fast food chain. I also wanted to ask the employee who took my order what exactly they meant by "hand breaded." Is the batter made from scratch? Are they hand breaded to order or pre-breaded? I had so many important questions; however, I did not want to sound like a crazy person, so I just ordered a 5 piece. Here's what they looked like:

Photobucket

They did not taste nearly as fresh as the Pint House strips; nor did it seem like they were hand-breaded. They were fair for a fast food chicken strips, but nothing to go out of your way for. I asked Brian what he thought of them.

"Not bad for a fast food chicken strip," he said. My sentiments exactly. I give them a 6 out of 10.