Sunday, August 28, 2016

Anti-Club Playlist 8/26/12

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry St. Ristorante (aka the Anti-Club), with my friend Tim Maag.  When I tell people I'm a DJ, they often ask, "What kind of music do you play."  My response is usually, "Eclectic."  My goal with these nights is to focus on music not typically played at clubs and bars.  Having this regular gig allows me to constantly be seeking out new music, and to share it with others.  Sometimes I focus on an artist I like (Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Sonic Youth, Neil Young).  Other times, I focus on regions of the world (the Middle East, Asia, Latin America, etc).  Lately, I've been choosing a record label I like, and playing music that they've put out.  In recent weeks, I've featured Burger Records, Lollipop Records, Sub Pop, Father/Daughter.  This past Friday, I chose Bomp! records out of Los Angeles.  They began in the late 70s, and have put out music by artists like Stiv Bators, The Nerves, Dead Boys, DEVO, and other greats.  As always, I threw in some random, eclectic choices as well.  Here's my latest playlist, with album artwork.  Click on each song, to give it a listen...

























“Sex Education” by The Nerves









See you next Friday night at The Anti-Club!