Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Bruce Springsteen Mixtape

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry St. Ristorante (aka The Anti-Club).  Having this regular DJ gig keeps me always searching for new music.  One of the things I like to do is choose a musician I'm interested in, listen to their entire discography, and then select my favorite songs for a night devoted to them.  This is both educational and fun!  So far, I've done Bob Dylan Night, Sonic Youth Night, Neil Young Night, and Prince Night.  A couple weeks ago, I did Bruce Springsteen Night.  I also created free mix CDs for the first 20 guests, which included my favorite track from each of The Boss's 18 studio albums.  In case you missed it, here's my Bruce Springsteen mixtape:

“Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?” from Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)


“Incident on 57th Street” from The Wild, the Innocent, & the E-Street Shuffle (1973)


“Thunder Road” from Born to Run (1975)



“Badlands” from Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978)


“Hungry Heart” from The River (1980)



“Atlantic City” from Nebraska (1982)



“I’m on Fire” from Born in the USA (1984)


“Tougher Than the Rest” from Tunnel of Love (1987)



“57 Channels (and Nothin’ On)” from Human Touch (1992)


“If I Should Fall Behind” from Lucky Town (1992)



“The Ghost of Tom Joad” from The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995)


“My City of Ruins” from The Rising (2002)


“Long Time Comin” from Devils and Dust (2005)


“Erie Canal” from We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions



“I’ll Work for Your Love” from Magic (2007)



“Tomorrow Never Knows” from Working on a Dream (2009)



“Land of Hope and Dreams” from Wrecking Ball (2012)


“Dream Baby Dream” from High Hopes (2014)


I'm currently researching Frank Zappa and John Zorn, for future DJ theme nights.  See you next Friday at The Anti-Club!