Monday, August 24, 2015

Anti-Club Set List 8/21/15

On Friday nights, I DJ at Mulberry Street Ristorante in downtown Fullerton.  I call it "The Anti-Club," a term I stole from one of my musical heroes, Henry Rollins.  Anyway, here's what I played this past Friday, with album artwork.

“Love and Violence” by OMD


“My Soul is Black” by Gene Williams


“Post-Post Modern Man” by DEVO


“A Hard Day’s Night” by Katia Ebstein


“Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Taco


“Oh My Soul” by Big Star


“Good Timing” by Kyu Sakamoto


“Inside Out” by Spoon


“Can’t Get Enough of Your Love” by Barry White


“Blowin' in the Wind” by Stevie Wonder


“Joy” by Isaac Hayes


“Tall Man Skinny Lady” by Ty Segall


“Dreamphone” by Peach Kelli Pop


“Parklife” by Blur


“Roots, Radicals, Rockers, and Reggae”  by Stiff Little Fingers


“Family Tree” by Jonny Corndawg


“Mosque" by The Middle Class


“Sinnerman” by Nina Simone


“Come On Up to the House” by Tom Waits


“Who Will Stop the Rain?” by Heaven 17


“The Nervous Rocks” by Toys That Kill


“Appetites” by Les Savy Fav


“Beginning to See the Light” by The Velvet Undergound


“Country Club” by HOTT MT


“Surf Wax America” by Weezer


“Surfer Girl” by The Beach Boys


“Sharp Darts” by The Streets


“Dirty Dream #2” by Belle and Sebastian


“I Don’t Mind” by The Buzzcocks


“Wander” by The Aquadolls


“Grey Gardens” by Rufus Wainwright



“Antenna” by Sonic Youth


“Cocaine Blues” by Johnny Cash


“Earth Angel” by The Penguins


“I Just Dropped In” by Kenny Rogers (First Edition)


“Sh-Boom” by The Crew Cuts


“Hangin’ Round” by Lou Reed


“Foolish One” by The Stampers


“POWER” by Kanye West


“The Dude” by Quincy Jones


“Jokerman” by Bob Dylan


“What’s Going On?” by Marvin Gaye


“Beatro” Freaky Flow


“I’d Rather Be With You” by Bootsy Collins


“The Bogus Man” by  Roxy music


“Love and Mercy” by Brian Wilson


See you next Friday at The Anti-Club!