Monday, May 4, 2015

Fullerton Railroad Days!

One of my favorite annual events in Fullerton is Railroad Days, a celebration of all things train-related that takes place right next to the Fullerton Train Station.  From the very beginning, Fullerton has been a "train town" -- named after George Fullerton, who worked for the Santa Fe Railroad.  I went to Railroad Days this past Sunday, and took some pictures of what I saw...


They had a real live steam engine!  Most trains these days are diesel.



One of the most interesting parts of Railroad Days is the big tent filled with model trains.  I think this is a fascinating subculture.  In my pictures, I tried to capture both the elaborate miniature models and the people who built them...









This was my favorite -- someone built a scale model of the Fullerton Train Depot!


Several train-based organizations were present at the event, like the Orange County Garden Railway Society.


Model railroading seems to be a subculture dominated by old dudes.  I'm sure I'll get into it someday...


The famous caboose tour!






Thank you, Fullerton Railroad Days, for brightening my Sunday afternoon.  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment