Saturday, May 31, 2014

Anti-Club DJ Set List 5/30/14

Every Friday night I DJ with my friend Phil (and the occasional guest DJ) at Mulberry St. Ristorante in Downtown Fullerton.  I call these sessions "The Anti-Club" because I like to play non-club music.  That is, I like to play music that I feel has lasting value.  Last night, my friend Katy brought an amazing guest set of songs.  Here's what we played last night, plus album cover art...

It Ain't Me Babe by The Turtles


Control by La Sera


Califoria Dreamin by The Mamas and the Papas


(If You're Goin to) San Francisco by Scott Mckenzie


Take Me to the River by Al Green


Border Crosser by Trails and Ways


Your Abracadabra by Ian Dury


Twin Peaks by Surfer Blood


Third Dystopia by Youth Lagoon


Mujer Ingrata by Los Lobos


Goodbye Joe by Sukiyaki


Clouds by Is Tropical


In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel + Kate Bush


Hey Willy by Shannon and the Clams


A Message to You, Rudy by The Specials


Arena by Suuns


I'm so Fuckin' Pissed by Hunx and His Punx 


Bullets by Tunng


Gate 49 by Stiff Little Fingers


Cause = Time by Broken Social Scene


Conrad by Jets to Brazil


I'm 18 by Alice Cooper


Blackberry Way by The Move


Teenage Kicks by The Undertones


Johnny hit and Run Pauline by X


Go Cry On Somebody Else's Shoulder by The Mothers of Invention


Young Savage by Ultravox


Something Else by Sid Vicious


Satan Taps My Head by The Abigails


Pressure Drop by Toots and the Maytalls


Rock the Casbah by The Clash


He Hit Me (and it Felt Like a Kiss) by The Crystals


I'm Giving You Your Freedom by The Supremes


11th Dimension by Julian Casablancas


I Heard it Through the Grapevine by Gladys Knight and the Pips


Golden Brown by The Stranglers


Fill Your Heart With Love by Biff Rose


Chromosome Damage by Chrome


Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye


Baby's on Fire by Brian Eno


Mea Culpa by David Byrne + Brian Eno


Out of the Blue by Roxy Music


Opulent Canine by The Gay


Bank Robber by The Clash


Forget Me by The Promise Ring



21st Century Man by ELO


Major Tom by Peter Schilling


Electricity by Captain Beefheart


Take on Me by Aha


That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore by The Smiths


Light Out by Javelin


I'm a Cuckoo by Belle and Sebastian


Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order


Postcards from italy by Beirut


Starman by David Bowie


Glass in Lullabies by The Autumns


Shine Your Light by Gap Dream


See you next Friday at The Anti-Club!