Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Visiting Apple Country

Today I visited Oak Glen, aka Apple Country, with my parents and grandma.  Oak Glen is located near the San Bernadino mountains, and apples have been grown there for over a hundred years.  When I was growing up, my family and I used to visit Apple Country pretty often in the fall.  It's a beautiful area.  You can buy apple pie, apple cider, and lots of other apple products.  There are also miles of hiking trails that are now owned by the Wildlands Conservancy.


My dad and I took a hay ride through an orchard on the old Los Rios Rancho.




These are Arkansas Black apples...




There's a petting zoo with goats, a llama, and pigs.  I got to feed them.







Delicious apple pie!


We had a lovely hike...











I got a book about the Wildlands Conservancy.






It was a nice little getaway.  I would highly recommend visiting Apple Country.