Sunday, September 2, 2012

Punk Rock at The Continental Room!

There are basically two bars I go to in Downtown Fullerton: Mulberry St. Ristorante and The Continental Room.  I like Mulberry because it's like Cheers, where everybody knows your name and because I DJ there.  I like The Continental because it is the only local venue that consistently has excellent rock shows.  This is largely the doing of my friend Troy Bootow of the band Death Hymn #9.  Troy is helping keep local, good music real and alive.  Last Sunday, my friend Josue and I went to an awesome show at The Continental, and brought our cameras.  Lately I've had this impulse to document all the amazing cultural things I get to see and be a part of in the town I live in.  Here are some photos, most of which were taken by Josue, who is fast becoming a fantastic photographer:

Here's the opening band, Midnite Snaxx.  These ladies brought the noise.









Next came my friend Sean's band Cum Stain from Oakland via La Habra...
















Bobby May of Burger Records rocking hard...


And finally...the incomparable zombie thrash punk band Death Hymn #9 shredded everyone's face off.



























DJ Casey Melton sang one song.  Livin' the dream.



And then he went back to DJing...


Yo, Bobbay!



The friendly neighborhood barkeep...



Sean and Erin from Goblin King were there!


Josue, the photographer...


Paul, lead singer of Death Hymn #9...


Me and Seanee





Lee from Burger Records was there too!
















Reuben Mahler of Waste Age was there too!









All in all, a good night.