Monday, December 26, 2011

The Kingdom of Kevin Malone

On Christmas Eve, I went to a party at my friend Wayne's house. Kevin Malone, another friend, lives right across the street from Wayne. Kevin is a bartender at Mulberry St. Ristorante, my favorite bar in Fullerton. Kevin and I share a love for all things nerdy: comic books, sci fi, action figures. He has been blogging since 2002, before I was even on Myspace, on his blog FAT FREE MILK. During the Christmas party, Kevin took me across the street to look at his collection of action figures and comic books. It was a rare look inside the world of Kevin Malone. I took some photos.

Photobucket

A book about Kevin Malone (no relation to my friend Kevin Malone).

Photobucket

"I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Photobucket

Rancor and baby.

Photobucket

Jesus and ET.

Photobucket

Ash vs. Vader.

Photobucket

Spidey vs. Rancor.

Photobucket

Guy Fawkes baby.

Photobucket

Ultimate Battle.

Photobucket

Hangin' in the kitchen?!

Photobucket

Malone family portrait.

Photobucket

Kevin and Kevin Jr.