Monday, June 20, 2011

ART IN THE STREETS @ MOCA Geffen

Today I went with a few friends to see the "Art in the Streets" exhibit at the MOCA Geffen in downtown LA, featuring art by Banksy, Ed Templeton, Barry McGee, Shepard Fairey, and others. I've seen my share of street art, but I was totally blown away by this awesome exhibit. Also, thanks to a gift by Banksy, the exhibit is FREE every monday. Also, you can take pictures right in the museum. Highly recommended. Here are some photos I snapped with my phone:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They had a drum set and electric guitar right in the middle of one of the rooms. Brian, Christie, and I did an impromptu performance of "There Are No Homeless People in Irvine" by Chicken or Fish. We got a little crowd.

Photobucket

Photobucket