Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cajun Swamp Chicken Strips

So here is the second installment of my Hunt for the Perfect Chicken Strip.

A couple days ago, at the suggestion of Brian Prince, I went to Cajun Swamp in Fullerton with my friends Christie and Brian. I must admit, I was a little put off by the name, Cajun Swamp, which called to mind dirty swamp water.

Nevertheless, I walked inside, and was slightly taken aback by a couple tables covered with crawfish remains, slathered in cajun sauce. The place had a peculiar odor, which I assume was from the crawfish.

I sat down and ordered the chicken strips and, to my delight, they were quite delicious. They were unique in that they were covered with cajun seasoning that was flavorful, but not too spicy. They were hand battered, made from scratch, which is always a plus. The fries were also seasoned with delicious cajun seasoning.

My one complaint was that a couple of the strips were a little over-cooked, hence a little dry. But the ones that were well-cooked were juicy and flavorful.

I give the Cajun Swamp chicken strips a 7 out of 10.

Photobucket